You are entitled to reimbursement for your mileage to and from all appointments related to your work injury. It does not matter how near or how far. The current reimbursement rate is 51 cents per mile. This rate increases periodically.
“All appointments related to your work injury” means all trips for the evaluation and treatment of your work injury. These include:
- Visits with your primary doctor, specialists, chiropractors;
- Physical and occupational therapy appointments;
- Appointments for tests such as x-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and so on;
- Emergency room and urgent care visits;
- Hospital stays; and
- Trips to the pharmacy / drugstore to fill prescriptions for your work injury.
Note: If you visit the clinic or the hospital for evaluation or treatment of your work injury and you fill your prescription while you are there (so there is no separate trip to fill the prescription), you receive mileage reimbursement for just one roundtrip.